This presentation will help you begin exploring your family history, or, have already begun. The insights, tips and resources will assist you to find critical sources of information, develop effective research methods and strategies, and help you to overcome the inevitable challenges you’ll face. I always say, “no ancestor is safe from me.” Even when you think no information exists, just the right query, or resource will reveal new details that will help you build your family story.
(Genealogy: Beginner – Intermediate)
- Preparing to Research: Suggested forms, what to look for first, etc…
- Where to Research: Types of sources, sites to visit (electronic & physical), etc…
- Importance of Historical Context: Understanding the times of our ancestors, and how it offers clues to further research
- Ways to Share Information: Ideas on documenting, storing, and sharing with family and others
- Introduction to Genealogical DNA: Options and uses in research
Thank you for reaching out.
Email: email@example.com | Tel: 613-485-0305